(Images link to Goodreads, Titles link to Amazon)
Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish in which you make a list of ten to do with a certain topic. This week’s topic is “Books To Read If You Are In The Mood For X.” We decided our X was going to be “Great Chemistry.”
Curly Carla’s Top Ten:
I decided to do five with friendship chemistry and five with romantic chemistry.
- Nine Princes in Amber by Roger Zelazny. The brothers chemistry in this book baffles me. Even the love hate relationships are great.
- White Plume Mountain by Paul Kidd. This book has chemistry oozing out of its pores!
- Red Rising by Pierce Brown. This book had some great friends chemistry going on.
- Dragonlance Legends Trilogy by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman. I went old school on this one, The chemistry between these brothers is so amazeballs you guys. This is mandatory reading in my house. I even made my husband read them, although to be fair….it’s Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman!!!!!!
- Dragonsinger by Anne McCaffrey. Anne McCaffrey is one of my all time favorite authors. She weaves sci-fi with fantasy so flawlessy I had no idea it was a duel genre. At any rate, Mennoly and Peimur have a great friendship chemistry and Mennoly and the Master harper as well.
- Breaking up with Barrett by Katy Regnery. Great chemistry in this one.
- Love Found by Caylie Marcoe.
- Before Jamaica Lane by Samantha Young is my favorite Dublin Street novel.
- Watercolor by Leigh Talbert Moore. Anna and Julian, le sigh. I may need to re-read this series again.
- Left Drowning by Jessica Park.
Lenoreo’s Top Ten:
So we came up with “Great Chemistry” together, and I truthfully thought it was a great topic…but then I tried to find the books to make up my list, and I realized that I don’t really have a lot that stand out in my mind right away. So I went looking through my reviews, and of course found a bunch of examples. So here’s some that I scrounged up… Honestly, some of these books it’s been so long since I read that I don’t even remember them that well. Rereads anyone?
- Spark of Light by Alex Tuttle — this was one of the books that I knew right away I was going to pick, without even having to check the review. Avery and Zander seriously have chemistry by the bucketloads.
- Gathering Water by Regan Claire — another book I immediately thought of, and this time the chemistry I’m mesmerized by is between Della and her awesome cousin Cash. And it continues through the rest of the trilogy.
- Doing It For Love by Cassie Mae — this one belongs on this list for two reasons. The obvious being the chemistry between Landon and Liz. But that’s not the only great chemistry in this book, there’s also amazing chemistry between the group of friends presented in this book…you could really feel their friendships.
- Prima Donna by Laura Drewry — I seriously remember falling in love with Carter and Regan, it was my favourite from this series. And part of the reason was the amazing chemistry between those two.
- After Math by Denise Grover Swank — Ahhh, Scarlett and Tucker… It’s been awhile since I read this one, but I remember their chemistry being off the charts!
- Emancipating Andie by Priscilla Glen — from my review: “The chemistry between Andie and Chase was outstanding….not just romantically, but the characters really did seem to just click and fit each other so well.“
- Fever by Melissa Pearl — I really need to reread this story, b/c I remember Cole and Ella’s chemistry just being outstanding…
- Blurred Lines by Lauren Layne — this was one of those friends to lovers stories, and Ben and Parker had great chemistry as friends that developed right along with their relationship.
- Just a Little Crush by Renita Pizzitola — Brinley and Ryder’s chemistry gave me tingles…
- Choose Us by Caylie Marcoe — another book where the characters, Travis and Riley, go from having amazing friendship chemistry, to swoon-worthy “more” chemistry…