(Images link to Goodreads, Titles link to Amazon)
Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish in which you make a list of ten to do with a certain topic. This week’s topic is “Top Ten Most Anticipated Releases For The Second Half Of The Year (since we did a topic about the releases we were excited about for the first half of 2016 back in the beginning of the year) Feel free to tweak it how you want to — like most anticipated fantasy for the second half of 2016 or debut authors. Whatever you want!”
Lenoreo’s Top Ten:
OK, so this was a hard topic for me b/c I read mostly Indie or small-press authors, and often they don’t know exact dates for upcoming releases, only what they are working on and a general timeframe. So I have a few with dates, a few with projected months, and a few that I just genuinely hope are coming before 2016 is over. 🙂 (Also, some without covers — so sometimes the titles will link to Amazon, but if no cover, then the title will link to Goodreads instead).
- To Have and to Hold and For Better or Worse by Lauren Layne — releases July 26th and August 30th respectively. I read the prequel novella for the Wedding Belles series recently (From This Day Forward) and while it didn’t hit all my buttons, I am excited for this series still. I preordered these first two books, and will see how I like them before deciding on the 3rd and final book (that’s out in October I believe).
- Awaken by P.T. Michelle — releases sometime in August and is the 5th and final book in the Brightest Kind of Darkness series that I have been waiting on FOREVER it feels like!! So excited to see how it all ends, and will definitely need to reread the series this summer to prepare.
- The Goal by Elle Kennedy — (Goodreads link here) releases September 26th, and this is the 4th book in the Off-Campus series. In truth, I still haven’t read the 3rd book yet, but I can still look forward to a book even if I’m not caught up right? 🙂
- Bedmates by Nichole Chase — releases October 4th, and I will definitely have to wait for a sale or figure out if my library will have a copy (sometimes I’m embarrassed by how cheap I am, but now you know why I don’t read many major publisher books). I’ve really enjoyed other books I’ve read by Ms. Chase, though I still have to finish her Royal series, I’m so behind.
- From Sand and Ash by Amy Harmon — releases October 25th, and this one is on here simply because I love what little I’ve read of this author. This is a historical book, and I am generally not a fan of those, but I would give it a try in this case.
- Addicted to You by Renita Pizzitola — this book’s release date was pushed back and is now November 1st according to Amazon. I definitely preordered this bad boy, it’s a spinoff with some characters that were in Just a Little Kiss. Definitely looking forward to Isla and Colby’s story!
- Someone Like You by Lauren Layne — releases December 6th, this is Lincoln’s story, the final book in the Oxford series!!!! So excited for this one, along with the rest of Ms. Layne’s fandom.
- Flirty Thirty by Cassie Mae — I heard a rumour (from the source) that we might get this one in October!!! But don’t hold me to that, it was just a rumour. (and it doesn’t even have a Goodreads page yet…heck, neither does Broken Records that she’s writing with Tessa Marie, but I’ve at least seen that cover, and I’m also looking forward to that).
- Heir of Empyrial Fire by Rachel Higginson — Dude, I would die if this book actually made it by the end of 2016, but I have a feeling it might be 2017 before it comes out. SETH!!! (book 4 in the Starbright series)
- Finding Me by Caylie Marcoe — ok, I’m being mean and putting pressure on my fave authors, but I can’t help it. I’m intrigued for Nicki’s story (she was the biotch from Choose Us), and I just saw this cover get posted and I’m so excited!! Let’s all chant together: 2016! 2016! 2016! 😉
All right! Those are the books that I’m looking forward to in the 2nd half of 2016! What about you, what tops your list?? Please feel free to share your links, and I will try to pop by and check them out! 🙂