(Images link to Goodreads, Titles link to Amazon using Amazon Affiliate links)
Stacking The Shelves is feature/weekly meme created by Tynga’s Reviews in which you share the books you are adding to your shelves, both physical and virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical stores or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!
(All Ebooks unless otherwise specified)
NetGalley ARC Requests Approved:
Hooked on Trouble (Over the Top #3) by Kelly Siskind from Forever Yours (Grand Central Publishing) — releases January 10th, 2017. In the summer I read an ARC of book 2 in this series, A Fine Mess, and really freaking enjoyed it. So I’ve been watching for this one to come out on NetGalley. Well imagine my surprise when I get an invite to review from the publisher! So you can bet I said yes please! I think it’s actually posted for anyone to request now, but still…I felt mighty special.
ARCs from Authors/PR Companies:
Defective (The Defective Trilogy #1) by Autumn Kalquist — I’ve gotten ARCs from this author before, and I guess I’m still on the list because this showed up in my inbox! It’s already released, and I have no idea when I’m going to get to it, but I was a greedy sumbitch and downloaded it anyways. 😛
Preorders That Went Live:
Gift from an Author:
Falling for her Bachelor (Bachelor Auction #2) by Robin Bielman — So I recently read Ms. Bielman’s story Once Upon a Royal Christmas for my HoHoHo Read-A-Thon, and just adored it. And I wrote a fairly gushing review. She saw me tag her on Facebook, and was so sweet and out of nowhere offered to gift me a copy of this book, which has related characters (it’s the heroine’s brother and best friend’s love story). Well, I’m not one to look a gift horse in the mouth, so I screamed excitedly and said YES YES YES! And ta-da! I really am too spoiled for my own good.
Got It On Sale:
- The Bride Who Wouldn’t (The Honeymoon Series #1, The Russian Billionaires #1) by Carol Marinelli — Saw this one on BookBub for free and snatched it up! Sorry, it’s back at $2.99 now. I saw the name Carol Marinelli and free and said YES PLEASE! She was one of those authors from my Harlequin days that I really enjoyed, so it was a no-brainer.
- If You Find Me by Emily Murdoch — This was another one that’s been on my wishlist on Amazon because a lot of Goodreads peeps I follow loved it, and I got an eReaderIQ email letting me know that the price dropped to $2.99 from its usual price of like $7.80. So I figured since it’s a traditionally published book, that was as good a sale as I was going to get and I snatched it up. Hopefully it lives up to the hype. (ps – it’s still on sale) Also, I wrote this Facebook post about eReaderIQ if you want to know more.
- Yours at Midnight by Robin Bielman — OK, technically I don’t know if I got this one on sale or not, but it’s only 99 cents and most of Ms. Bielman’s other books are more, so I thought maybe it was a sale. After the aforementioned enjoyable Christmas read by this author, and before she approached me to gift me a book, I wanted to see what else she had to offer. And so seeing a 99 cent book I said “Sure!” And that was that. Also, it has a New Year’s Eve vibe, so it seems to fit the season.
- I Wish You Were Mine (Oxford #2) by Lauren Layne — So when I enjoy a NetGalley ARC, I will often put it on my Amazon wishlist, and if it’s cheap I’ll buy a copy. I wait for a sale b/c I figure I already have a copy…but there’s a part of me that really wants the real final copy, you know? And that’s what happened here. I actually think I got the eReaderIQ email because you can follow authors too, and it will watch all of said author’s books and just tell you about price drops in general. Anyways, yes. Still 99 cents, and you can check out my review here.
- Touch (Denazen #1) by Jus Accardo — I know, I just had it on a Stacking the Shelves a few weeks ago having gotten it from NetGalley. But apparently it was still on my wishlist from forever ago, b/c eReaderIQ told me it was on sale for 99 cents from its usual price of $5.99, and I honestly don’t know why, but I just prefer the real copies, you know? And at 99 cents I figured I could splurge. So it’s on StS again. 😛 And still on sale…
- Winter Ball (Winter Ball #1) by Amy Lane — Another author I really enjoy and thus have eReaderIQ track, b/c quite frankly her books are a wee bit expensive (and that’s not a judgement, it’s just out of my self-imposed price range). This Christmas book is normally $6.99 and I scored it for 99 cents! Sale’s over though, sorry. 🙁
- Taming Chloe Summers (Grover Beach Team #7) by Anna Katmore — OK, so I’ve only read the first 2 books in this series, but I keep trying to collect the rest of the books anyways, b/c I really enjoyed those first 2 books. And I remember really being intrigued after the teasers Ms. Katmore posted on her Facebook page when this particular book was released. So I swear I would have had this on my Amazon wishlist, but I mustn’t. Because I was looking through my wishlist and adding books to a separate Christmas Amazon wishlist of ones I *really* want, or adding them on Elfster for a Gift Exchange I’m participating in. And I saw one of the books in this series (I don’t even remember which one now), and I clicked on it to add it, and I notice THIS book on for freaking FREE!! I’m like, wait what?? How did I not know?! And I one-clicked that bitch as fast as possible!! Bwahaha… So yeah, it’s still free. I need to get back to this series, like seriously. Why can’t I read faster? I have too many books I NEED to read.