(Images link to Goodreads, Titles link to Amazon using Amazon Affiliate links)
Stacking The Shelves is feature/weekly meme created by Tynga’s Reviews in which you share the books you are adding to your shelves, both physical and virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical stores or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!
Curly Carla’s Haul
(All Ebooks unless otherwise specified)
ARCs from Authors:
- Make Lemonade (a Hope Falls Kindle World novella) by Cassie Mae — released January 12th, 2017.
Kindle for Samsung:
- Kentucky Bride by Norah Hess.
- Leo Tops Aries (Signs of Love #1.5) by Anyta Sunday.
Loaned to Me:
- Thomas’ Heart (Judgement of the Six Companion Series #4) by Melissa Haag.
(All Ebooks unless otherwise specified)
NetGalley ARC Widgets Offered (and Taken):
- One Wild Night (One and Only Texas #3) by Melissa Cutler from St Martin’s Paperbacks (St. Martin’s Press) — releases March 7th, 2017. I recently read Ms. Cutler’s If Santa Were a Cowboy (One and Only Texas #2.5) and enjoyed it, so I’m definitely interested in reading more!
- Jordan Reclaimed (Preload #1) by Scarlett Cole from Swerve (St. Martin’s Press) — releases February 28th, 2017. This is a spin-off series from the Second Circle Tattoos series, of which I’ve read The Strongest Steel (Second Circle Tattoos #1) and The Darkest Link (Second Circle Tattoos #4), so I’m definitely interested in learning more about one of the side characters.
- Hot Licks (Off Beat #3) by A.M. Arthur from Swerve (St. Martin’s Press) — releases February 7th, 2017. I read Ms. Arthur’s Steady Stroke (Off Beat #2), and despite a few issues here and there, I’m definitely interested in finding out about the other characters.
- Speak No Evil (Brotherhood #2) by Jordan Ford — I beta read this book!! I need to add it to my Goodreads list of books that have my name in them…;) Such a great book, if you haven’t started this series, I definitely recommend it! Released on January 11th, 2017.
- Make Lemonade (a Hope Falls Kindle World novella) by Cassie Mae — Another book I beta read!! This one is so short and sweet, I adored it. Check out my review here. Released on January 12th, 2017.
Preorders That Went Live:
- Finding Kyler (The Kennedy Boys #1) by Siobhan Davis — Released on January 9th, 2017. I discovered this one from a post by Lillian @Mom With a Reading Problem, and it sounded like something that would tickle my fancy. And since it was only 99 cents, I said CLICK!
- #Blur (GearShark #4) by Cambria Hebert — Released on January 10th, 2017. I’m a super fan of this series, even if I’ve only read the first two, so I’ve been looking forward to Arrow’s book for awhile. Course, now I’m super behind on all my reading, so who knows what I’ll get to this one. 🙁
Jingle Bell Book Exchange:
I mentioned the Jingle Bell Book Exchange a few weeks ago, and one of the lovely ladies participating sent me a book in the mail!! I actually completely forgot about it because of how slow mail is to Canada, so when it arrived I was so confused!! Thanks again Platypire Bob (aka Valari)!
- From Sand and Ash by Amy Harmon — I adore this author, and although I’m not a huge historical fan, I am truly intrigued by this one.
My Boxing Day Book Outlet Craziness:
So Book Outlet had another sale for Boxing Day where if you spent like $30, you got $10 off, and if you spent $50, you got $20 off…so of course you know I went for the $50. Saved more than the shipping. Of course then two of the books didn’t ship, but I still got a fricking amazing deal, don’t you think?
- Bleed Like Me and Fault Line by Christa Desir (or C. Desir) — One of my friend authors adores this author and even co-wrote a book with her, so I figured I should give her a shot!
- What Happens Next by Colleen Clayton — I’ve had this one on my wishlist on Amazon for quite some time, as it was reviewed well by people I follow on Goodreads. But I’d lost hope it would go on sale, so I figure if I can get the paperback for much less than the Kindle version, why not?
- Modern Monsters by Kelley York — I’ve loved other books I’ve read by this author, really affecting stuff. I actually recently got this one on sale for Kindle, but I figured since this was such a great deal, I would hedge my bets that I’ll want the paperback too.
- Searching for Beautiful (Searching For #3) by Jennifer Probst — This is an author that will be attending the Big Apple Author Event in October 2017 that I will be attending, and I’ve only read one book by her but enjoyed it. So I took a chance on this one because I love friends to lovers stories.
- The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight and This is What Happy Looks Like (This is What Happy Looks Like #1) by Jennifer E. Smith — I read and thoroughly ADORED This is What Happy Looks Like, so obviously wanted it in paperback…and I figured I would try another book by this author as well. I actually really wanted The Geography of You and Me, but apparently they oversold and so I didn’t get it (even though I thought I did). Darn internets failed me. But really, like I needed more books.
- The Summer of Chasing Mermaids by Sarah Ockler — This book was in a bunch of Top Ten Tuesday lists for a few different topics, and so I listened to their recommendations and said “yes please!”
- Detours, Do-Overs, and Dares – A Morgan Matson Collection: Amy & Roger’s Epic Detour; Second Chance Summer; Since You’ve Been Gone — Everyone and their dog recommends Morgan Matson to me, so a collection for cheap? Again, “yes please!”
Got It On Sale:
- Lured In (Fishing for Trouble #2) by Laura Drewry — I actually got an ARC of this book from NetGalley (see my review here), and I really enjoyed it! So I wishlisted it, and eReaderIQ let me know that it was on sale for 99 cents from its regular $3.99, so I snapped it up. Still on sale!
- My Perfect Mistake (Over the Top #1) by Kelly Siskind — I got book two in this series from NetGalley (see my review here) and loved it, so I put this one on my wishlist. And again, got an eReaderIQ email letting me know it was on sale for 99 cents from its regular $3.99! Also still on sale!
- Snowflake Kisses: A Kpop Romance Novella (Kpop Romance Novellas #1) by Jennie Bennett — This author and I have mutual friends, and we’re part of a group together, and I find her delightful. Her second Kpop novella recently released, so she put this first one on for 99 cents and I snatched it up. Alas, the sale is over.
- Defective (The Defective Trilogy #1) by Autumn Kalquist — So I actually got an ARC of this one in November, but then I got an email that it was going to be free for, like, a day, so I snatched it up so when I finally get to it, I’ll have that nice verified purchase beside my review. 😛 But alas, the sale is over.
- Leo Tops Aries (Signs of Love #1.5) by Anyta Sunday — I nabbed book one in this series from NetGalley, and I know as soon as I read that I’m going to want to read this one, so since it was free I snagged it!