(Images link to Goodreads, Titles link to Amazon using Amazon Affiliate links)
Stacking The Shelves is feature/weekly meme created by Tynga’s Reviews in which you share the books you are adding to your shelves, both physical and virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical stores or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!
Curly Carla’s Haul
(All Ebooks unless otherwise specified)
Got It On Sale:
- Mistletoe in Montana (Montana Sweet Western Romance #2) by Pamela M. Kelley. This book was free and since it’s a xmas book I can use it for my #12booksofxmas challenge
- How to be a Mermaid (The Cotton Candy Quintet #1) by Erin Hayes.
- Wild Game (Wilding Pack Wolves #1) New Adult Paranormal Romance by Alisa Woods. See my review here.
- Almost a Bride (Wyoming Wildflowers #2) by Patricia McLinn.
- House of Guardians (The Ambrosia Trilogy #1) by Beatrice Sand.
- Klaus (Santa Claus Immortal Romance Adventure Classic) by Michelle Erickson. #12booksofxmaschallenge
- Christmas at the Castle (Ever After #3) by Melissa McClone. #12booksofxmaschallenge
- The Laws of Music (Love is a Destination #1) by Carly Morgan.
- Kisses for Christmas: A Holiday Boxed Set by Skye Warren. #12booksofxmaschallenge
- Jace (Wolves of the Rising Sun #1) by Kenzie Cox.
- 6 Mountain Brothers for Christmas: A Reverse Harem Romance by Rye Hart. #12booksofxmaschallenge
(All Ebooks unless otherwise specified)
NetGalley ARC Requests Approved:
- Breaking the Ice (Juniper Falls #2) by Julie Cross from Entangled: Teen (Entangled Publishing, LLC) — releases December 26th, 2017. I read the first book in this series and thoroughly enjoyed it (see my review for Off the Ice), so I was excited to see book 2!
- Nikan Rebuilt (Preload #3) by Scarlett Cole from Swerve (St. Martin’s Press) — releases January 2nd, 2018. I LOVED the first book in this series (see my review for Jordan Reclaimed), and while I still have to read book 2, I couldn’t resist requesting this one.
- The Way Back to Us (Love Unplugged #3) by Jamie Howard from Swerve (St. Martin’s Press) — releases December 12th, 2017. I recently read the second book in this series and LOVED it (see my review for The Feeling of Forever), so I had to request this one!
- Seduction on the Slopes (Snow & Ice Games #2) by Tamsen Parker from Swerve (St. Martin’s Press) — releases January 16th, 2018. I recently read the first book in this series and really enjoyed it (see my review for Love on the Tracks), so I had to request the next one. It’s making me excited for the Olympics!
Preorders That Went Live:
- A Bride for Sam (Red Maple Falls #5.5) by Theresa Paolo — released December 6th, 2017. As I’ve said, I’m collecting this series. I probably won’t get to this Christmas read this year as I haven’t read Hung Up on Hadley yet, but it’s only 99 cents so it was a no-brainer!
- Behind the Bars by Brittainy C. Cherry — released December 7th, 2017. I’ve only read one book by Ms. Cherry, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. And this one looks FANTASTIC. So when I saw it was on a pre-order sale for 99 cents, I squeeed and one-clicked!
Jingle Bell Book Exchange:
The Jingle Bell Book Exchange is on its third year and is a group of readers who post their Christmas wishlists and then other readers buy books for them! The rule is that you have to purchase at least 1 book for someone else. They can be Kindle books or Paperbacks/Hardcovers. I love this, b/c you get to give and receive! I love making someone else’s day! And I love scoring some highly coveted books! I had some problems this year with Amazon not wanting to give me the books b/c I’m in Canada, but I was mostly able to exchange for credit and then buy the books myself. Amazon be cray-cray.
- Bad Romeo (Starcrossed #1) by Leisa Rayven from Victoria!! This author is going to be at Book Bonanza, and I’m so excited to read this series that has been recommended to me by so many!
- Honesty by Seth King from Kristina!! Another author going to be at Book Bonanza, and I think this book has been recommended by some favourite authors.
- Mister Romance (Masters of Love #1) by Leisa Rayven also from Kristina, who is so generous!! This one looks so good, I’m very excited to read it!
- Beneath This Mask (Beneath #1) by Meghan March — I originally got this as a Newsletter Freebie from Sarina Bowen’s newsletter. But I see that it’s free on Amazon, so I just one-clicked so that when I review, it will say verified purchase. I believe this is another author who will be at Book Bonanza.
Got It On Sale:
- Stay (WAGs #2) by Sarina Bowen & Elle Kennedy — I read an ARC of this book and LOVED it (see my review here). So when I got an eReaderIQ alert that this book was on sale for $1.49 from its usual $4.99 I snatched it up! No longer on sale.
- Bad Romeo Christmas (Starcrossed) by Leisa Rayven — I haven’t even started this series yet, but I’m trusting the people who’ve recommended this to me and wishlisted the whole series. So when I got an eReaderIQ alert that this book was on sale for $1.99 from its usual $3.99 I snatched it up! Still on sale!
- Christmas at the Castle (Ever After #3) by Melissa McClone — I’ve had the NetGalley ARC of this one, and as I started reading it, I noticed it on My Book Cave for free from its usual $3.99, so I snagged it! Still free! See my review here.
- Pushing the Limits (Pushing the Limits #1) by Katie McGarry — I read this one a long time ago, and actually have an ebook copy from the Harlequin website, but when I saw it on BookBub for 99 cents from its usual $2.99, I snagged the Kindle copy. Sale is over.
- Chasing Christmas Eve (Heartbreaker Bay #4) by Jill Shalvis — So this author is going to be at Apollycon in March, and I was reading The Trouble with Mistletoe and thoroughly enjoying it (see my review here). So I ended up checking the other books in the series out to maybe put some on my wishlists. And I noticed that this one was on sale for $1.99 from its usual $6.99, so I snagged it! Still on sale!
- One Snowy Night (Heartbreaker Bay #2.5) by Jill Shalvis — Samesies for this one, just 99 cents from its usual $1.99 in this case. Also still on sale!
- Hidden Truths (Boots #1) by Megan Erickson — So this book was shared in chapters on Ms. Erickson’s newsletter as it was written, and while I didn’t read it at the time, I did sample the first chapter and was intrigued. So when it was finished, and she released it for a special release sale of 99 cents, I snagged it! Still on sale!
- Billionaire Bad Boys Box Set (Billionaire Bad Boys #1-3.5) by Max Monroe — I saw this series raved about on one of the new blogs I follow, A Novel Glimpse. So when BookBub told me I could get 6 books for just $4.99 from its apparent regular price of $30.45 (or $23.95 as I learned later when Deanna @A Novel Glimpse also shared the sale), I said score! Especially since this author will be at Book Bonanza!