(Images link to Goodreads, Titles link to Amazon using Amazon Affiliate links)
Stacking The Shelves is feature/weekly meme created by Tynga’s Reviews in which you share the books you are adding to your shelves, both physical and virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical stores or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!
(All Ebooks unless otherwise specified)
Loaned to Me:
- Grin and Beard It (Winston Brothers #2) by Penny Reid — My lovely co-pilot on this blog, Curly Carla, loaned this book to me so I could fulfil the Body Diversity theme for January for the Platypire Diversity Challenge. It was so amazing I immediately bought it upon finishing it so I wouldn’t lose all my highlights. See my review here.
Preorders That Went Live:
- Chasing Polaris by Erica Cope and Autumn Doughton — Released on January 17th, 2017. I haven’t stayed caught up with Ms. Doughton, but I’ve loved the previous books I’ve read about hers, so I keep buying her new releases. And this one was only 99 cents (still is), so it was a no-brainer. Now if only I could find some time to catch up.
More Book Outlet Craziness:
No sale this time from Book Outlet, just a few of the books I wishlisted but were then sold out came available, so I snagged them.
- Under the Spotlight (The Jamieson Collection #3) by Angie Stanton — I completed my collection!! This is the one book in the series I haven’t read yet, but I knew I was going to want all of them. But seriously, I need to finish this series.
- Geek Magnet by Kieran Scott — My favourite author recommended this one, and that was good enough for me. Especially when I can get the paperback for cheaper than the Kindle version.
- Love Me Never (Lovely Vicious #1) by Sara Wolf — I’ve read this book twice, once when it was indie-published, and then again when it was picked up by Entangled Teen (see my review here). I adore Isis, so needed this one. I was kind of disappointed that someone wrote on the cover though… 🙁
- Whatever Life Throws at You by Julie Cross — I recently read Chasing Truth by this author and really enjoyed it, so thought I might try another book by this author. It was only $2, so I figured why not.
- A Thousand Pieces of You (Firebird #1) by Claudia Gray — I’ve seen a lot of buzz about this book, and it sounds intriguing, but as always the Kindle book is above my price threshold. So I took a chance.
Got It On Sale:
- Alex (Cold Fury Hockey #1) by Sawyer Bennett — I was actually cleaning up my wishlist and had ordered my books from lowest to highest priced (because then I can find the ones now unavailable), and I saw this one for 99 cents. Eventually I also saw it on BookBub, still on sale for 99 cents from its usual $4.99. I recently read a NetGalley ARC of a later book in this series, Max, and really enjoyed it, so definitely wanted to read more from that series.
- Her Secret Prince (Royal Holiday #2, Rags to Riches) by Madeline Ash — Last Christmas (ie Christmas 2015) I read You for Christmas by this author (part of the Rags to Riches series) and really enjoyed it. I noticed some characters that I was sure had their own stories, and tracked those down and wishlisted them. So when I got an eReaderIQ alert that this book was free from its usual $2.99 (still is), I one-clicked the bejeezus out of it.
- Phase (Phoebe Reede: The Untold Story #1) by Michelle Irwin — This one was recommended to me on a gazillion fronts! I saw it on My Book Cave email for free from regular $3.99 (still on sale) and was intrigued. And then Curly Carla shared the sale on our Facebook page b/c she knows the author, and that was the straw that broke my one-click finger…:)