(Images link to Goodreads, Titles link to Amazon using Amazon Affiliate links)
Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish, but now hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl in which you make a list of ten to do with a certain topic. This week’s topic is “Love Freebie (Romances, swoons, OTPs, kisses, sexy scenes, etc.).” We decided to split our attentions, Curly Carla did Top Ten Diverse Love Stories, and Lenoreo did Top Ten Friends to Lovers Stories.
Curly Carla’s Top
- The Unforgettables by G.L Tomas. This book features a main male character who is half white/half japanese and a buddist. The female lead is a haitian american. Very good book.
- The Hard Count by Ginger Scott. I am gonna re-read this one again. Soo good. Male lead is hispanic if I remember correctly.
- Cinder & Ella (Cinder & Ella #1) by Kelly Oram. OMG, this book you guys. Female lead is Chilean and has some physical disabilities as well.
- A Hundred Thousand Words by Nyrae Dawn. Another great love story. One of the male leads is half white/half black and gay.
- Game of Hearts (Fandom Hearts #3) by Cathy Yardley. Oh the steaminess of this one you guys. Male lead is part native american.
- Archer’s Voice by Mia Sheridan. Male lead has a physical disability.
- Rewired (Progress #3) by Amy Queau. Really this whole series is phenomenal. Male lead is Bi-polar.
- On Solid Ground (On Solid Ground #1) by Melissa Collins. Great love story. LGBTQA leads and I think one of them suffers from PTSD.
- Shadow Falling (Scorpius Syndrome #2) by Rebecca Zanetti. Male lead is part native american.
In a Facebook group I’m in, a fellow reader was looking for Friends to Lovers stories, and so it was on my brain!
- Anything For You by Sarah Mayberry — Ms. Mayberry actually has a few friends to lovers stories, but I really enjoyed this one. I love how just floored Sam is when he basically gets hit over the head with losing his best friend or opening his eyes.
- The Locker Room by Amy Lane — This is one of those friends to lovers stories where the relationship just naturally moves in that direction… I just recently reread it, see my review here.
- King Sized Beds & Happy Trails (Beds #1) by Cassie Mae & Tessa Marie — Not just this story, but the whole series. Loved watching Ryan and Lexie moving to more, and dealing with the struggles of growing up…basically classic YA.
- Choose Us (Xtreme Bachelor #1) by Caylie Marcoe — Travis and Riley have the most hilarious relationship, and I loved watching them both fight their feelings and eventually find each other.
- Rush by Nyrae Dawn — I had met this characters in a different novel, and I LOVED seeing what was happening with the two of them as they struggled with loving each other, and dealing with their sexuality.
- The Real Thing by Cassie Mae — Oh Eric and Mia…this is just everything I love about Cassie Mae. Adorable, hilarious, heartwrenching, real. They were made for each other.
- Cinder & Ella (Cinder & Ella #1) by Kelly Oram — This one’s a bit different since they were internet best friends, but I still think it counts. I really need to read the next book…
- Him (Him #1) by Sarina Bowen & Elle Kennedy — This one is eminently rereadable for me. In fact, I decided to try out an audiobook for the first time in years, just so I could reread it but without affecting my normal reading time. SO WORTH IT. Wesmie is life. Now I gotta listen to Us.
- Blurred Lines (Love Unexpectedly #1) by Lauren Layne — This one was just fun, and Ben and Parker had great chemistry. Definitely one of my favourite books by Ms. Layne.
- #Junkie (GearShark #1) by Cambria Hebert — Another M/M duet, I LOVE Trew. *sigh* Now I wanna reread this one too. Perhaps I should look into the audio…
- Shoot the Gap (Big Play #4) by Jordan Ford — This is just a PERFECT YA friends to more…Sammy and Tyler were so cute together, I loved watching their relationship change!
Have you read any of these romance stories? What are your favourite diverse love stories? What are your favourite friends to lovers stories?