(Images link to Goodreads, Titles link to Amazon using Amazon Affiliate links)
Stacking The Shelves is feature/weekly meme created by Tynga’s Reviews in which you share the books you are adding to your shelves, both physical and virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical stores or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!
Curly Carla’s Haul
(All Ebooks unless otherwise specified)
Gifted to Me:
- A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses #1) by Sarah J. Mass. So this week’s TTT was top ten books I’d like to get for Christmas and my friend Theresa Kay (Author of the Broken Skies series and the Bright Beyond Serial novellas) surprised me with this! I’m so excited to start it and hopefully I will see TK next year and can properly thank her with a big hug!
Got It On Sale/Free:
- Once Upon A Royal Christmas (Palotays of Montana #2) by Robin Bielman. I think Lenore recommended this book.
- Rock You (Fallen Star #1) by Candy J Starr. I just bought this book as I was typing this list up. It looked good and it’s free!
- A Merry Monster Holiday: A Holiday Paranormal Romantic Comedy (Banshee Creek #3) by Ani Gonzalez. It looks cute right?
- The Intern (The Forbidden World #1) by Garry Ocean.
- Meeting Destiny (Destiny #1) by Nancy Straight. I think this one is perma free…
- Contemporary Cowboy Romance 3 Book Box Set by Amelie Rose. Still free last I checked….
- A Father for Christmas (A Veteran’s Christmas #1) by Rachelle Ayala. Still free last I checked.
- Cotton Candy Sally Finds a Home (The Sally Horse Chronicles #1) by Karen Belove. My daughter loves horses and I think she would like this book. Still free last I checked…
- MIND: The Beginning (MIND #1) by Jenn Nixon. Still free last I checked…
- The VERY Best Man (The Very Manly Series #1) by Laura Stapleton. Still free last I checked…
- Summer of Dreams (From This Moment #0.5) by Elizabeth Camden. Still free last I checked…
(All Ebooks unless otherwise specified)
NetGalley ARC Requests Approved:
- Traitor Born (Secondborn #2) by Amy A. Bartol from 47North — releases April 17th, 2018. I actually haven’t read the first book yet, so I felt a bit guilty requesting this one, but I figured they could reject me…and they didn’t! Horseshoe in ass people…
Preorders That Went Live:
- A Life Less Extraordinary (Extraordinary #2) by Mary Frame — released December 10th, 2017. I missed this one from last week…I blame the great Harlequin redownload for confusing me. I still haven’t read the first book, but this is a favourite author of Curly Carla’s, and this one was on a preorder sale, so it was a no-brainer. I believe I preordered book 3 as well, b/c again…preorder sale!
- Feeling Hot (Out of Uniform #3 (previously #7)) by Elle Kennedy — rereleased December 19th, 2017. I enjoy this author, but have never read this series…apparently it’s been rereleased, and it was on a preorder sale, so you guessed it…one-click!
Gifted to Me:
- The Goal (Off-Campus #4) by Elle Kennedy — So we posted our Top Ten Books We Hope Santa Brings on Tuesday, and (like Curly Carla) my good friend Theresa caught the hint and gifted this baby to me!! I am so excited, and so seriously spoiled. There’s a part of me that’s all “you shouldn’t have”, but the rest of me is too busy squeeing. 😉
Jingle Bell Book Exchange:
The Jingle Bell Book Exchange is on its third year and is a group of readers who post their Christmas wishlists and then other readers buy books for them! The rule is that you have to purchase at least 1 book for someone else. They can be Kindle books or Paperbacks/Hardcovers. I love this, b/c you get to give and receive! I love making someone else’s day! And I love scoring some highly coveted books! I had some problems this year with Amazon not wanting to give me the books b/c I’m in Canada, but I was mostly able to exchange for credit and then buy the books myself. Amazon be cray-cray.
- Holiday Wishes (Heartbreaker Bay #4.5) by Jill Shalvis from Stephanie!! I’ve been reading the Christmas books in this series this month, and am so excited to have another novella to read! I might read this one next!
- Punk 57 by Penelope Douglas from Ashley!! I’ve had this one on my wishlist for a while, I can’t remember who initial put it on my radar. But Curly Carla read it earlier this year and enjoyed it!
- Fine by Me (a Chaos Novella, Songbird #10.5) by Melissa Pearl — This was a Christmas present from Ms. Pearl to her Newsletter subscribers! So if you’re a fan of this series, you’re gonna want to go sign up for the newsletter quick, b/c I beta read this one and it is AWESOME! Jace was just…ahhhh!!! I believe she’s eventually going to be publishing these, but for now they are exclusive!! And that cover could not be more perfect…
Got It On Sale:
- Night is Darkest (Men in Blue #1) by Jayne Rylon — I actually already had this one, but I thought maybe I’d got it from one of those other websites (I don’t remember that romance one’s name now, it’s defunct anyways) and not on Amazon because Amazon wasn’t registering it as bought for me. It was previously published by Samhain Publishing, and since they’re gone, its been rereleased. I’ve read it, but haven’t reviewed it (must have been before I started reviewing). So when I saw it on Bookbub for free from its usual $4.99, I figured I’d one-click so if I do review it will have verified purchase. Still free!
- Jake Undone (Jake #1) by Penelope Ward — This is an author that will be at Apollycon in March, and it says it’s a companion novel to Gemini (which I think I have in an anthology). So when I saw it on Bookbub for 99 cents from its usual $3.99, I snagged it. No longer on sale.
- Lucas (Cold Fury Hockey #8) by Sawyer Bennett — I’ve read a few books in this series, and I keep collecting them because I’ve enjoyed them (not to mention this author will be at Book Bonanza). So when I got an eReaderIQ alert that this book was on sale for $1.99 from its usual $5.99, I snagged it! Still on sale!
- The Story Sisters: 2-Book Boxed Set (The Story Sisters #1-2) by Katy Regnery — I learned about this sale on Facebook b/c I follow Ms. Regnery! Only 99 cents from its usual $4.50, and still on sale til Christmas Eve. Loved both books, and the followup holiday novella!
- Fall Line (Downhill #1) by Tudor Robins — I read an ARC of this one when it came out and REALLY enjoyed it!! The author recently gave it a bit of a makeover with a new cover (so CUTE!), and put it on a one day sale (I got an eReaderIQ alert that this book was on sale for free from its usual $2.99, as well as found out in the newsletter), so I snatched it up!! But even at regular price, it’s still a steal! This is a fantastic coming of age YA, especially for those who love sports romance and male POV books!